Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just a thought

I was curious to know the real value of my bike in KL,


2009 Jamis Trail X2
Retailing at RM1500

WOAH!

And this gives me an idea. Why not i sell my new bike in KL, take the extra cash and buy another one here in Singapore and upgrade the gearset and fit in disc brakes instead of the current rim ones?

I'd probably get RM1600 for mine cause i upgrade the rear derailleur to Shimano Alivio from the lower end Acera. More moolah for upgrading.

Bikes are seriously over priced back home. I saw a Polygon Astroz retailing at RM950. Its only RM 800 here (after conversion from SGD). 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got back to my room at 12am. Dumped my backpack and jumped on the Jamis and took it for a spin around NTU. Got bored and then took it out and tried to max its speed all the way to the Boon Lay MRT.

Made it there in 10 minutes from leaving campus...hehe. Faster than 179?

Boon Lay is creepy after 12. Saw "akuaks" jiggling their wares on the way back. Traumatising.

Realised bike chain was dry and lubed it with PTFE laced lubricant. 

Wonder if i will have this much free time for biking come next semester?



Cheers from the,

matrix