Saturday, December 27, 2008

HOME!!!!!

I took a Five Stars bus from Boon lay market. SGD35 , much much more than the RM31 i fork out for a Mara Liner from Larkin in Johor , but it was totally worth it. Bus came on time, and left on the dot at 8.00am, dropped me off at Pudu Raya at 1.30pm , where Dad picked me up.



My father turned 54 today. Now , I must admit, i don't give presents to my folks on their birthdays , nor am i accustomed to receiving any on mine either. In fact , i cannot recall a time in my life where i have actually received any present on my birthday from my folks , except cash to get my own stuff on that day ( i usually don't ask for anything cause i get what i want most of the time anyway when i ask for it......except lately mom has been asking me to keep buying nice clothes on my birthday.....maybe cos mine are all worn out and i normally live in free t-shirts or the sports shirts i get from NTU ).

I dunno. Its probably strange to a lot of ppl i know, who are accustomed to the whole gift exchanging thingy on birthdays.......i must admit, my family's a whole lot different...


And so , we did the normal usual thing we do, Get out for a kick ass dinner =P. Cause if there is anything my family does to commemorate an occasion....its ALWAYS a damn good meal. And so we headed for our favourite western place.......


Okay , this place is damn value for money. A meal will set you back about RM50++ (including tax for a main course only) , but u get :

1) excellent service
2) good ambience with all the ship like interior and lighting
3) good food.

other western places in KL i would recommend would be Chili's and TGIF.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND TONY ROMA'S. Food is slightly pricier than Chili's , but not as good.

I guess the closest comparison to The Ship would be this one:



......which is worth it only for steaks.



my folks


I have a list of places i must hit for food before i go back to S'pore:



1) Fotch Avenue for hokkien mee

2) Petaling Street for dim sum

3) Teluk Panglima Garang for seafood

4) Peel Road for satay




Random: Mom made her damn good cheesecake and i was gorging on chocolate all day long.


Oh, one more thing...


BATA WAS HAVING ITS USUAL YEAR END SALE AND I FOUND THESE TO REPLACE MY OLD PINK SNEAKERS! :



100% suede leather Weinbrenners


And the best part? They only cost me RM50! Awfully comfy. Fugly no doubt, but i don't really care much about fashion these days....nor have i ever...... (so sue me....)

I used to wear these pink sneakers i bought from Dr Cardin for like RM20 (70% warehouse clearance sale) and they were wonderful , now they shall be tortured on my new bike's pedals.....hehehe.

I popped into Bata after helping mom choose a leather attache case for Dad's 54th , and the Weinbrenner line caught my eyes with their large 50% off sign.


I shall be off for a day trip to Genting , and then to Teluk Panglima garang for seafood later at night tomorrow! The clams are sooo fresh that they do thing to it but steam in chinese rice wine and chilis. Lovely stuff.


I love home........


PS: Streamyx (local broadband service provider) sucks and i hope they burn in broadband hell.





Cheers from a very full,

matrix