Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Random blogging

Right, lets get random:

Started a new job two weeks ago. Happened like this actually.


At the school office (St John's Institution), during a meeting with the Vice Principle with bro:

Vice P : Hi Hari! (my brother). So, are you up for the job?
Bro : No. I'm starting my new semester in mid July. My brother could take it up though, he's free.
Me : Huh?!
Vice P : Oh yes!..Yuva, care to cover the form 3s for KH and the SPM students for ICT (Computers)?
Me: Huh!?
Vice P : Haiyah..its an easy subject. I'll give you RM35 a day for about 2 and a half hours of teaching.
Me : Huh?!..but i really don't know anything about ICT!
Vice P: trust me, its easy....oh, did i mention it?...your office will be the computer lab. You're in charge of it for a month...here are the keys.
Me: I get the whole lab to myself?..noone else?
Vice P: Yes.
Me : OK!!..so i start when the teacher leaves right?
Vice P: You start tomorrow..she's already gone.
Me: .............





and so, here i was, already in the middle of a job a day after i finished my final A2 paper. I lead a sad sad life.


Went to Ipoh two days ago (sunday). Dad had work, so tagged along. Ended up at my favourite dim sum place ( Foh San...i mentioned this in one of my old posts) for breakfast at 9.30. Place was as usual packed with the inevitable crowd of Singaporeans.

Now, in the prescence of people like these, you gotta be kiasu..very kiasu in fact. Its the only bloody way you're gonna get a freaking table when other around you are practising what i call extreme kiasuness (standing near an occupied table and breathing down the necks of the seated patrons, waiting for them to leave in order to jump into place and nab the oh-so-precious table.

I hung around this table packed with this noisy Hakka speaking Ipoh chaps (Hakka sounds quite choppy..if you know what i mean..so its easy to identify) for almost half an hour before the left. I had to practically shove my way to it, plumping my arse on a chair and my cap on the table to mark it as my TERRITORY..god, i love the way they give you this look of defeat.


We ate through the entire menu as usual, the five of us (Bro, Sis, Mom, Dad, Me). You don't get good dim sum in KL besides this Petaling Street place i mentioned in an earlier blog too..so, pack up now!

Was back in KL that same day at around 4pm . Had dad drop me at school to meet up with old friends for a football game. Now, one of them ( Gary, to those whom are reading this and know Gary and Kevin) brought along these exchange students with them to join in. Seriously, i had placed calls to everyone to meet at school just 3 days before the game. Sure was surprised at the turnout. Neways, these students were from Brazil, Cameroon and Spain.

HELL WERE THEY FIT!!


I tried taking on the cameroonian chap. That fella despite his monstrous 6 feet 2 height, could actually outrun me. I laid off the ball the minute i saw the tackle coming in....just recovered from a busted ankle, people. Neways, they only played for 20 minutes..felt drained after that. Had to keep running to keep up our attack. We have never played at such intensity in such a long time. Went home early as a result.


Cheers Mates!