Friday, June 8, 2007

Of Guns And Sheer American Stupidity.

I Lifted This From Bill Maher's Blog (look at my pal blog list for his URL)


Everyone complains about school shootings, but only the South Carolina state house is doing anything about it. Their plan (approved by a subcommittee last Wednesday)? Allow concealed weapons on public school campuses, starting in elementary school.

Okay, I know that sounds a little... what's the word I'm looking for?... INSANE, but Republican state Sep. Jeff Duncan explains:

"We're not talking about kids. We're talking about responsible adults."

Phew. Well, then go ahead. If it's just teachers, parents, janitors and lunch ladies, lock and load. You stupid fuck. I hope you die.

Ernest Ellis, the law enforcement director at the University of South Carolina is against the bill:

"Today, if we respond, we know the person with the weapon is the bad guy."

But what does he know?

In South Carolina you need to be 21 to get a concealed weapon permit. So the undergrads wouldn't be armed. Just the teachers and grad students. So it wouldn't actually stop anyone like the Virginia Tech shooter, until he worked his way up from the sophomores and stopped to re-load, but here I am applying practical logic to an argument made by guys who come in their pants when they hear the words "muzzle velocity."

How is their sexual kink our problem? Should gun nuts be allowed to marry?

The bill won't be ready for South Carolina's governor to sign this year. The governor, Mark Sanford, a Republican, said he hadn't thought about it yet.

"Gun to my head, I don't know what I'll do," he didn't say.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember doing a post on the Virginia Tech shootings, and i mentioned that the lobbies were lobbying for school children to be given the right to be armed. OK. I figured maybe that was just a passing fancy. I mean, who in their right mind would give bloody guns to kids?



I WAS WRONG.


It seems American politicians have their heads filled with shit. Its the only explanation for the shitty stuff that they do anyway. And the american public should have empty heads..to accept the shitty stuff from the ones with it in the first place.



Its still a pending bill. However, since what i didn't expect to be taken seriously is now actually a pending bill, heck, why not expect it to go the whole nine yards to becoming a bloody law.

America to me has always been a land of ironies. Its one place you can't buy a drink in a bar if you're less than 21, but drugs n guns free-flow onto the streets and campuses.


Cheers.