Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Its officially the end of the road :(





My dear mother called me last night.



She calls me, and normally asks how i'm doing, do i need any cash , hows school life , when am i coming home , ...... well you get the picture...

And so she called me, and immediately asked me wether i had been cycling. To which i quite naturally answered yes. I can never lie to my mother. Yes, this seems very small kiddy of me, but when asked a direct question, i can either avoid it or tell the truth. Guess the lying part was whacked out of me by the numerous canings and slaps i got as a kid from my aunts, uncles and parents.

Anyway, after i answered yes, she gave my a motherly shelling along these lines:


Ma : Have you been cycling?

Me : Yes

Ma : What did i tell you? You just broke your hand and want to be a hero is it? Go sell your bike now i tell you

Me : But, its the only hobby i have! I'll be bored without it!

Ma : I don't care. Your studies are more important. Do you want to end up in hospital again? Promise me you'll sell your bike.

Me : WHAT? But....

Ma : PROMISE ME!

Me : *silence*............... ok ok ok.......

Ma : Good..... so when are you coming home?

Me : In june after my projects are over....

Ma : Ok, good. I'll put down the phone now. Bye



And so, as of now, my biking days are over until next year. To be quite honest, i feel lost. A hobby gives me some sort of stability, some form of release, something to let me take my mind of things for a bit.

Which is why as of now , i shall be dabbling in BEAM-botics. Building small, cheap , simple robots which run on solar power. It's fun, will give me experience in basic robotics and i can always gift my creations (if any, fingers crossed) to my besties.


And so, my dear Jamis, i bid adieu.  May you new owner be as loving as the one who tortured you heartless, for which i beg forgiveness.


PS: A dark blue 2009 Jamis Trail X2, orignial price SGD 550,  is now on sale for a mere SGD300. I'll throw in a saddle pouch and LED lights for free.

Contact me @ +65-97481107




Cheers from the,


Matrix