Friday, September 18, 2009

Something new.....

This semester has a lot of "new" for me.

Emerged from the wreckage of last semester, grittier and less of a "lay down and accept a situation" kind of person. And i got to hand it to the hospitalisation and medical insurance shenanigans for this.

I have learnt:

a - Always wear a freaking helmet when you ride. Luckily my skull emerged intact from hospital

b - Always check your bike's braks before pushing off

c - The minute someone from an insurance company tries to blow you off, give it to them.


d - Its possible to have a showdown with the Hall Office and win.

You see, i leave my bicycle outside my room in the hallway as such:



And the hall office does not like this since we are not allowed to leave personal items outside in the hallway. I argued in return that it is unfair for the hall office to force us to leave expensive bicycles at the bicycle shed and NOT be held liable for any damage done to the bicycle or loss of the bicycle from the shed. And then i argued, i can park the bicycle flush against the room wall , on the same side as the dustbin and it would not obstruct the hallway more than what a dustbin already does.

They never replied, and so my bicycle and me are left alone =]


Oh, something new, I finally joined a team i can commit to and want to commit to:






The team


The training is punishing for the mountain bikers. Cause our bikes are heavy and we need to push them for about Fifty clicks at around thirty km/h average , just so we can keep within reasonable distance of the much faster and lighter road bikes.

Its good though. Am with a bunch of like minded nutters, absolutely passionate about a sport and committed as well. I finally spilt the beans to mom about me riding again, and being part of a team. She kind of frowned and then gave in.

Moms are easily swayed.

And so, yes. We mountain bikers are well on the way to becoming ultra fast riders, and will easily beat any other mtb rider on the road. Though i do admit, out offroad riding is pretty minimal so far, need to go on the trails more....

and so,


Cheers from the,


Matrix