Friday, March 27, 2009

I think i got a pretty good bargain in the end......



It has been confirmed. As of now, i will be graduating a full semester later than all my buddies and fellow mechatronics students.

I messed up my right arm from a stupid biking accident. I kinda don't get why most people gape when i cooly tell them,



"yeah, i won't convocate with you guys"



Cause really, is trying to graduate early really worth all the trouble? Ok, i'm taking 7 modules this semester, 6 of which are examinable and i'm only going to sit for 2 exams.

Reason is, even though i know i can recover in time for exams, i hvae not done any prep for any exam barring the 2 i want to sit for. My arm was toasted and i can't write much, hence with minimal prep, i am not going to risk sitting for 6 exams.

Instead, i will sit for 2. Its a trade off actually. Relax and do them, try to get off with 2 B+ s, and what i get in return is a final semester in which i need only do 5 modules, only 3 examinable and one Human Resource Management.

Confused?

Okay, this semester, i will sit for only 2 exams, one mechatronics systems interfacing (sounds cheem, but its really quite simple cept for the last 2 chapters) and one circuits and electronics module.

I will then continue with my syllabus as usual, going through years 3 and 4 and doing my Final Year Project.

After which , i will stay back for another semester completing my year 2 modules and one year 4 one i want to take later which is Human Resource Management. A module a lot of final year students say is a drag and wastes times you could utilise for your FYP.

So, i get a final year without a Human Resource module taxing me, and i can do it in style in my final relaxing semester.

I have decided not to overload the next 2 years with modules in a bid to graduate early. Going out on stage decked in robes and being with your pals on a supposedly special day that is called the Convocation is totally not worth 2 years of excruciating stress. I am not a genius and need time to absorb and learn and also:


I CANNOT FREAKING SIT AND MUG ALL DAY, I HAVE A LIFE, I WANT TO BIKE, I WANT TO PLAY SPORTS AND GET INVOLVED IN PROJECTS!


I think its a pretty good bargain. Just drafted out my proposed 2 year plan and sent it off to the Assistant Chair of Mechanical Engineering and Aerospace. Chap actually liked the detailed plan a lot and promised me he will push the Academic Services blokes to approve it.


*sits back and heaves a sigh of satisfaction*


Now i only hope the modules i planned out don;t get changed or something. That plan took some time to work out (not been studying for a week, what with running about and sweet talking profs and the beureaucrats in MAE who can get things moving).

Pretty good training for negotiating future administrative webs actually, me like.


Rights, i am proud to say the 26 stitches on my arm has been removed by a grumpy nurse , and i hvae been lambasted by my doctor to stay as inactive as possible, and I CAN TYPE WITH 2 HANDS!!!!!

On the downside, my bandaged arm is now caked in dead skin and smells......interesting. 2 weeks until my next batch of X rays and tests.

Final say: Nothing is gonna keep me from going about life as usual XD. And i will buy a better bike when i hit full form in the next one year.

FYI: I love the 2009 Jamis Durango. This time i'll get Avid Juicy 7 hydraulic disc brakes, Mavic rims, Kenda tyres and a full deore XT setup. Should have cash after my industrial attachment XD.






Cheers from a upbeat and bouncy,


Matrix