Friday, August 3, 2007

God, was i lucky......

Luck and me have never been best pals.....cept when it came to Monopoly during which i thrash my siblings and cousins whenever we play. But that's besides the point. Bottomline...never actually been lucky on a frequent basis. Here's a little insight into just how unlucky i've been:

1) Had my left foot run over by a car (don't ask how..just accept bad luck as an explanation)
2) Had my thumb crushed countless number of times
3) Always end up ill on holidays in India, missing the fun as a result (the latest illness being mumps, causing me to miss a rock concert and a jungle safari trip)
4) Breaking my glasses due to multiple freak accidents (footballs slamming into my face, falling over, and having my glasses being slammed into the ground, getting punched ....this happened once only though)
5) Twisting my left ankle on numerous occasions..the latest being a case involving a durian (just don't ask).
6) My running shoes tearing while out on a run, causing me to hobble home for over 2 kilometers.
7) Having numerous sandals and shoes being mauled by pet dogs (aunt's and my dogs included)
8) Being caught out in the rain, on those days when i forget my umbrella or my fisherman's hat.
9) My old ZEN player's battery dying on one of those long and boring outstation trips......and being unable to get new batteries cause the nearest 7-Eleven is 50 miles away.
10) Too embarrassing to be mentioned here.


So, yeah. Felt lucky today.

I went to the PC Fair today at KLCC..looking for MP3 players and laptop models for university. Found a 5Gb Creative ZEN Micro at only RM329......i can bargain and possibly bring it down to RM300.

Mom dropped me off on the way to Dad's workplace and i planned to take the Putra LRT home. Reached the ticket counter and opened my wallet to find it:

EMPTY

You see, I have this habit of dumping my wallet's content and my allowance into my metal piggy bank every Friday, and then refilling my wallet on Monday cause i go out with my family on weekends and i don't really need cash. Today, i got up and emptied my wallet as always...read the papers....and discovered that the PC Fair was on today. I obviously forgot to refill my wallet and ran out with only RM 1.50 in coins.

The luck came in an unexpected manner. The minute i realised my problem, i knew i was kinda in trouble. No money while out in KL is way past bad. I walked away from the counter pondering on how to get home without having to call mom or dad from work, and somehow, i ended up at those automatic ticket dispensing mchine. At that point, i saw a buck worth of coins in the change collector in the machine my feet carried me to. Picked up the coins and looked around asking anyone if it was theirs ( I am a freeloader people...but not to that extent). Got negative replies, shrugged my shoulders and got a ticket home.

TALK ABOUT LUCK WHEN YOU NEED IT.