Thursday, August 9, 2007

I have a lot to be thankful for.

Got my results today. I have plenty to be thankful for. In contrary to what most of my friends think....NO, I'm not freaking smart, nor am i being modest when i say this. I HAVE HELP! ALWAYS!....when i face problems.

I had trouble with further maths. Loads of it. To begin with, when Peter entered the class and taught for the first week, my thoughts were:

"God, what the hell is he talking about?! I can't understand this summation crap. Ok, to drop or not to drop Further Maths?"

I had help from Chern Han and Jian Jun in understanding that chapter. It was what gave me the confidence to continue ploughing through. And then i hit another snag. I realised i couldn't do any calculus outside the realm of dy/dx. Give me something like diff with respect to 't' the equation y= x^2 .....and i used to just roll over and die......pitifully.

Tim Weng and Ian came to the rescue this time. Ian helped me understand the basics of the chain rule that i swear by when differentiating anything (came in mighty useful with one diff ques in the first F maths paper)

I had help from Tim Weng for the unsolvable questions in the past year papers...few of which came out in this year's exam (the concept that is).


So, yeah. I had help....LOADS OF IT! And i just want to say THANKS to all these pals whom lent a hand.


Cheers Mates and have a good day!