Friday, February 26, 2010

The Engine matters the most



Did 5 laps of NTU with my friends from the jurong area. All of them ride aluminium and titanium frames and its bloody good stuff to ride uphill on a heavy bike.

Went for an extra lap after they left to burn off whateve remaining will-power and energy left and came across this chap on my fave bike, a Trek Madone.

I decided to be cheeky and overtook him on my mongrel el-cheapo Trek, fully expecting him to blast past me later on. And so he did, until the SBS slope.

If there's one thing i've learnt from cycling this past year, no matter what people tell you, better equipment won't make u better, its the reason i'm not upgrading my wheels and attempting to add carbon fibre bits to the bike.

It makes you strong to ride something heavy and boy it felt good to make a SGD5000 dollar bike eat my SGD800 version's dust up that hill. Nice start to the weekend =)



Cheers from the gloating ,

Matrix