Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Exams and more ......


Apologies for not MIA in this blog and stooping low to posting random stuff from youtube to compensate.

I have been busy. This semester is , though not a killer , it is by far the most challenging of the lot. Juggling between 3 major projects, tons of work and reading and impromptu mechatronics lab self programming sessions in a bid to become better at programming a Motorola 68HC11 microcontroller , and the hours spent in front of the QNX Realtime Operating System workstations trying to figure out how to spawnl( ) a process , use threads and set up communication between 2 simultaneous programs is mega draining.

I'm so thankful for the exam period. The madness can stop and i can finally have time to sleep more, cycle more, run more, and catch up on the lectures i barely fully appreciated. I like what i'm doing, i really do.

I had some really good company for my runs and a bike ride last night.

I FINALLY CRACKED THE 400KM MARK ON TREKKIE =))).

I'm flying home on the 8th of December with my road bike to help mom out with some stuff, and I plan to tackle the Kenny Hills area on trekkie for the whole duration of the semester, catch up with my old friends from high school, and gorge on good old malaysian food, and then burn off all that extra blubber by burning rubber on the road =P.

I'be become fitter btw. Hahas. Came into this semester with a slight tummy and flabby thigs, and now its all tightened up and i'm getting slight hint of wings (the muscled side of the torso). Feeling good.


Oh, and for only the second time this sem, i finally had my lazy 10 hour sleep =P.

On an entirely different note, this sem seems like one prone for breakups. I know its non of my business nor should be a concern of mine (judging from my single status which btw i'm actually enjoying thank you very much).

G mentioned his friend breaking up after like a 7-8 year relationship. Wow. That's pretty major. Another friend is going through a pretty bad period now after falling for someone and then having to endure reality after a very short period of time. I do feel sorry for him/her. Undergoing emotional trauma (wonder if there is such a thing) is certainly not the best way to start off one of the toughest semesters.

And i shall end here.


Cheers from the

Matrix