Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ramblings




I was musing about what i had and then i realised just how much i miss it.

I had a lot of people around me when i was a kid. Loads of cousins , aunts, uncles and a few surviving grandparents whom i hardly talked to cause i could now hold a sustained conversation with them. Probably my fault for not taking enough effort.

No matter.

I guess i turned out ok after all cause there being so many peopl around, i got caned practically everytime i crossed the line.

I still remember the first time i learnt the famous F*** word and shouted it at my brother when i was 10. My butt ached the entire day from my father's whackings. He sure had a hard hand.

I could not even get off easy when i threw my vegetables in the bin in secret cause i used to hate spinach. The family maid would spot it and duly report to my aunts, who would then catch me and make me eat another plate of it and then make me sit in a corner.

I do miss other aspects of my childhood.

My uncles, dad, cousins and brother used to pack the family MPV on weekends and head for the nearby field to play football for an hour or so. We would place 2 traffic cones my uncle got from somewhere (my guess is he nicked them or something from the roadside....there were so many discarded around my housing estate) at opposing ends of a marked area on the field and we'd split into teams of 5 or 6 depending on whom could come , and we'd just play.

That stopped when uncles and dad hit their late 40s and we got into our mid teens and became too strong in our tackles for them to handle it.

Uncle developed neck aches and dad had his back aches. 

We used to sometimes play cricket too in the house compound. Night cricket, cause we could turn on the floodlights in the compound and used the same traffic cones as wickets. 

Its quite rare for Malaysians to be playing cricket, but my entire family with the exception of brother and me , had spent a few years of education in India, and that's where the influence came from. I sucked at batting which bro was pretty good at, but i could bowl pretty fast balls , which incidentally did not work against my brother and an uncle, cause they were big and hid the cones with their bodies...darn.

I have a few regrets though. I wish i had not studied too much in secondary school , been too competitive , instead could have laid back a bit and done other things. For instance i could have dabbled in a bit of basic circuit design and model building, which i want to do now, but can't find the time :(

I wished i had taken up an offer to join the school's football team which i rejected cause i wanted to maintain my ranking in the school, which counts for nothing actually later in life. What a waste of time.

No matter.

I have come to accept that you will have some form of regret for whatever you have done in the past when you look back from the present. I dare you to NOT find any.

And so, i have to go against my natural instinct to not be cliched , and come to accept that that oh so cliched talk of "Do not look back at the past, but enjoy the present" is in fact so very true.

*shifty eyes*

This sounds a bit emo........

Righto!

Thing is , even though i'm not very much good at it, i like trying to theorise life's question into a set , objective guideline of sorts. (ooh, that sounded very messiah-ish). 

But then a friend told me its not possible. And i pondered more and then i realised that its futile and a stupid thing to do. Its not going to achieve anything. Its time wasted. And its downright boring conversation material , unless you're talking to a person with an emo problem.

*read post again to find out what's been written*


Darn, this is one confusing post. No matter, i shalt name it "Ramblings" , publish it now, and probably look at it later in the year and wonder what sort of boredom i had to be in to write this.



LOL.


Anyway, i suddenly feel the mood to look at circuits again. And so i bid you the reader au revoir!




Cheers from the,

Matrix