Thursday, January 1, 2009

We all change with the years....


Yeaps, the kid on the right is me and on the left is my oldest friend ever, Jeremy Ryan De Silva. Got this pic from his last night. Good days.

Knew the chap since i was 7 , on my first day at primary school. And my my, have we both changed a lot.....

not very flattering , but yeah , i used to be sleepy in A Lvls


nice hairdo mate...


So , this kind of got me thinking.....how much have I changed? A lot i must say , a lot since even A Lvls.

Gone is the scrawny chap from Form 5. Gone is the mama's boy from A Lvls. 18 months of making my own decisions in uni sure changes one's way of thinking. Maturity comes and with it comes that trait called knowing one's priorities.

I do miss the comfort of home. More ever whenever i return from a short holiday of doing nothing but bum about the house eating food and watching the telly. Its burn period everytime i return to Singapore , but it so totally worth it.

I have made extremely close friends here , people i can count on and trust. I have become much more vocal , unabashed to just go up to a random person and say "hi!". Its been a 180 degree turn from the quiet goody kid i used to be.

Much more sarcastic , much more sharp with words , though the past year has thought me heck a lot about being subtle , being less robotic and caring more for the feelings of others.

But watch out! When the need arises i can bite with words , and can outgun a lot of people in a verbal battle.

Truly we all change with ever passing year. I know i will in the coming 12 months. More ballsy maybe (the product of my new mountain biking hobby) , a trait i must admit , has to be kept in check unless i want to end up in hospital.


And so, here is to another great and adventurous and enjoyable year. 2008 was fabulous and so will 2009 be.




Cheers from a very optimistic and happy,


Matrix