Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Love Scary Places......no questions please.

Ok, lets not get the wrong idea here. Yes, i do have some sort of emotional core. Yes, i do have feelings despite not being easily hurt (emotionally) by what others say. But that does not mean i have absolutely NO, ZIL, ZIP, NANA feelings.

I do however do not get scared easily. It wasn't always the case. Among my cousins and siblings, i am called "Chicken" cos as a kid i used to be frightened of the dark......A LOT. I would never wonder upstairs into the dark if noone was there, i would never sleep without some small light on, and so on and so forth. I got over all that around 11, and funnily, since then, i have become a bit cold in the fear department. I mean fear of the supernatural( if it does exist)....i do get anxious when mom says the cheesecake did not turn out well or the gulab jamun did not set properly.

Ok, i have this weird hobby. I simply love exploring so-called haunted places. An i feel i have not yet done any proper exploring to really find a place that creeps me out to the max. Most of the time i just get this tingling sensation down my spine, but nothing strong enough to get me out of that place. I'm not bragging or anything, but hell yeah, i like to be scared by scary places and they are hard to come by.

My old school was a haven for hauntings, but i've been bloody disappointed that i have not experienced anything despite actually venturing into the haunted spots after hours to get photos for a post i did along time back.

The old chapel, the haunted back stage, the form 6 block, the top floor of that block, the library after hours (alone)..............NOTHING.

Ok..

So, finally i decided to try out one spot in my old PRIMARY school which was supposed to creep the hell out of the school staff and students. The backstage. I am not aware of any linkage between ghouls and backstages, so just humor me.

It is said this place is haunted by a white apparition (quite cliched, but there you go). Unseen forces apparently move doors, throw chairs and stack them backstage for no reason. So, yeah, i decided to explore about a week ago. Mom went to do her banking work and i tagged along and photographed the place while she was away. The pics:




The spiral stairway leading to the lighting area. I didn't dare venture up there cos the whole thing was rusted.



The second stairway


The staircase leading to the basement of the stage. This place was mega cramped. I had to crawl beneath the damn stage though the small gates placed beneath the stage. There is only about 3 or 4 feet of standing space, and since i hate using flash, yeah, i had to crawl and open the windows.



Ok, despite moving around and taking my own sweet time opening windows and doors for more natural lighting, NOTHING happened. So, yeah, disappointment again. Or maybe the ghost loves camera men.